Sunday, November 13, 2016

Chance encounter - lambs quarters


After days of heaviness and dismay, I rode out into Brooklyn for a scheduled garden design appointment. The world looked the same although it was very different. On my way home again, later, I stopped in the park and realized I'd been holding my breath for a long time. The trees helped me breathe.

In a secluded spot I found a patch of bright green, young lambs quarters, a new crop after rain.


Usually a summer green, it is a treat to see them now. I prefer them to spinach. So I took them home.


Lambs quarters are the perfect ingredient for gnudi or malfatti (I can't decide which name to use for this most tender iteration of gnocchi). 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! how are you finding lambs' quarter now? I love them. They are absolutely delicious, and I have so many (much) of them in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.