Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011 in 66 Square Feet

A good year for strawberries, a lean year for figs. A good year for potatoes and tomatoes, even if the latter were cut short (by me) ahead of the promised destruction by Irene, who fizzled out. 2011 saw the introduction of Clematis 'Etoile Violette' to the terrace and a currant to the roof farm. Peas did not work in April but are still working in December. The parsley keeps on trucking, and next year I will not grow oregano. I may grow more basil. For those tomatoes.

We had snow in October and summer in pre-winter. A hurricane or two. There was a small earthquake. There were photographers. It has been interesting.

 I have put the terrace to bed (though I hear it may yet see some Christmas lights).

Thank you terrace, for a good year. For sun and rain, refuge and diversion, introductions and inspiration and, always, occupation. And the braais weren't bad, either.

See you next year.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Thank you, dear terrace. You have inspired many wonderful words and photographs from one of my favorite bloggers of all time yet again this year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, thanks to the terrace and roof farm for inspiring so many of us to do more with what we have! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your terrace and roof farm! I think you've manage to plant more in your 66 square feet than I have in my back gardend (and much prettier too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for lovely words and pictures that bighten and inspire my mornings :) Merry Christmas and Joyful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.