Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's potting?

The Japanese beech fern has unfurled some fronds.

The violas look happy.

I have to make something special for/from the tarragon. Cream sauce for chicken, somehow? I may be forced to cook chicken breasts. They are a good blank canvas.

Bland canvas...

Hosta 'Fragrant Bouquet' unfurling.

Fig figging.

The sage is a bit slow, but then always is, after winter. We've been eating the chives, of course.

Garlic! Nine shoots so far. I dug about ( I can't help it!) to see if the others were mush - but no, they have roots and are just slow to start. Like some of us.

As I write the scent of freesia in the room. Wonderful, like being little again, when my mom grew them in Bloemfontein. But they might provoke a little Trader Joe rant. No water in their cut flower buckets...Later.

5 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful. Doesn't the fern look a bit like a little animal standing on "his" hind legs?

    Have you tried marinating mild white fish 30 minutes in vinegar and (lots of) tarragon? then bread lightly and saute. I use flounder and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was going to suggest white fish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics! Especially the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarragon = Eggs Benedicte.
    Your Coz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL my garlic turned to mush - such disappointment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.